The 2D Rigger plays a central role in animated productions. Create 2D puppets starting from the design of the characters to make them usable by the animators. He must be creative, attentive to details, precise, know how to solve problems and have knowledge of anatomy and body structure. The advanced 2D Rigging workshop, specific for serial processing with Toon Boom Harmony, aims to transmit the skills necessary to work in an international animated production.
Through both theoretical and practical lessons, four modules are addressed that allow you to build your own rig from scratch. In this way, participants learn the method used in serial productions. The modules are:
- Breakdown of the character;
- Introduction to the use of nodes (Pegs and deformers);
- Advanced nodes (Costraint and master control);
- Cleaning the Rig.
The workshop lasts 30 hours in total. They are three afternoons a week, from 2.30pm to 5.30pm, for three weeks. The workshop runs from 18/01/2021 to 05/02/2021.
The teachers are highly specialized industry professionals, with extensive experience in serial production and with advanced Toon Boom Harmony skills. Among them:
- Andrea Fantechi: Tech Director at DogHead and Toon Boom Ambassador;
- Domenico Migliorisi: Rig Supervisor at DogHead;
- Marta Zamparelli: Lead Rigger at DogHead.
The workshop has a limited number with selection (max 10 people).
The workshop is limited in number in order to identify suitable figures to work in the team on new departing productions.
The selection is open to anyone who is passionate about the world of animation and is motivated to join this sector.
They are considered a plus:
- Degree in an animation school;
- Masters / industry training courses;
- Knowledge of computer programming;
- Use of 3D software.
The selection will be made by evaluating:
- Rigging Reel (if available);
- Animation / illustration portfolio (if available);
- Presentation / motivational letter.
SELECTION DEADLINE: selections expired on January 13, 2021.
Through this workshop, DogHead Animation offers the opportunity to participate in a new production in its corporate pipeline and to be included as a rigger on new series starting in 2021.
The cost of the workshop is € 360.00.
Manifatture Digitali Cinema Pisa: via Nicola Pisano, 15 – 56126 Pisa (PI). The production will make all the functional technical material available to the workshop.
Tel: +39 02 40709360